But, but, AOL started it!
The average worker admits to frittering away 2.09 hours per eight-hour workday, not including lunch and scheduled break time. An America Online/Salary.com survey shows that employees are wasting about twice as much time as their employers expect.
Top Time-Wasting Activities
- Surfing Internet (personal use), 44.7 percent
- Socializing with coworkers, 23.4 percent
- Conducting personal business, 6.8 percent
- Spacing out, 3.9 percent
- Running errands off-premises, 3.1 percent
- Making personal phone calls, 2.3 percent
- Applying for other jobs, 1.3 percent
- Planning personal events, 1.0 percent
- Arriving late / Leaving early, 1.0 percent
- Other, 12.5 percent
Yeah, well, at least I don’t socialize with my coworkers, and I’m not applying for another job.